Alert Level Decision

Alert Level Decision

In support of all secondary schools at this time, School Sport NZ is extending its suspension of events on its calendar until 11.59pm Sunday 12th September. This is to ensure that the focus of this week is on the safe and smooth return to education for all students, an adequate ‘return to play’ period is adhered to, and in alignment with Regional School Sport Organisations decisions across the country.

School Sport NZ will review the updated sector guidance from Sport NZ as it pertains to school sport once published. The changes to Alert Level 2 guidance, particularly as they relate to gathering sizes, will potentially impact on the ability for some events to remain viable. We would ask for patience at this time as we, in conjunction with our sport partners, review this information. We will provide an update as soon as possible to the remaining term 3 events on the calendar.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will announce whether Auckland will move out of alert level 4 lockdown at 4pm Monday 13 September.

She will also announce whether the rest of the country will stay in alert level 2

We will be updating the alert level 2 or 1 guidelines after the announcement