13 Aug RECOMMENCEMENT: All Waikato Secondary School Sport SPECTATOR Free
The WSSSA Executive has made the following decision to recommence School Sports Fixtures under Alert Level 2
NO Spectators at Waikato Secondary School Sport Competitions and Events – At Alert Level 2
Secondary School Sport will proceed under Alert Level 2, with all fixtures being Spectator Free. This ensures that schools can manage the 100 person gathering limit or any other limits placed upon the organisers by venues. This decision has the safety of students and team support staff as a priority.
We ask schools to communicate this through their sports community as widely as possible. We ask your school community to please respect the wishes of all schools, sporting codes, and our venue facilities and do your part to ensure the safety of our students so they can continue their competitions.
- NO SPECTATORS by request of WSSSA Executive present at Secondary School Sport fixtures under Alert level 2
- That all School teams complete a Team Register of authorised attendees. [Players and team support that are eligible to attend the fixture venue.]
- All sports codes follow the Public Health best practices guidelines advised through their code where appropriate.
- Where possible please use the NZ COVID Tracer App at any venue attended.
- At all times people in any open space venues must follow Public Health guidelines on social distancing.
Deferments and Defaults
At this time it is difficult for many people and while most of our young people wish to just play, there will be reasons why some teams or school will be unable to play. We ask that all schools ensure fixture organisers have time to communicate if games are being deferred or defaulted under our condensed season due to COVID.
Lastly, in line with the Ministry of Health recommendations, please remember:
- Wash hands regularly. Sanitise when entering and leaving any facility. Cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Sanitisation is important – clean gear before and after use
- Maintain physical distancing of 1 metre when not playing sport.
- Please stay home if you are sick or unwell.