04 Sep Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Fund now open for applications
Applications are now open for Sport NZ’s new $68 million fund – Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa – for community-based programmes and projects helping tamariki and rangatahi at most risk of missing out or being less active.
Tū Manawa replaces and improves on Sport NZ’s KiwiSport Regional Partnership Fund and now has double the funding available – $1.85 million of the fund will be available in the Waikato over the next twelve months, to be managed and distributed on Sport NZ’s behalf by Sport Waikato. Programmes or projects may be new or already operating, and funding will be provided for up to 12 months. Where KiwiSport only focused on organised sport, Tū Manawa will also fund play and active recreation.
Who is it for
Funding is available to a wide range of groups and organisations who are planning to or already deliver a programme or project to help children and young people get active.
We know from research that there are some groups who are more at risk of missing out or being less active, including those living with a disability, in higher deprivation communities and girls and young women. Programmes or projects that reach these groups will be prioritised for funding.
What can be funded
Tū Manawa is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery
- Delivery staff wages (e.g. activity leader, coordinator)
Who can apply
We welcome applications from the following organisation types (please note, funded entities must have legal status):
- Hapū, Iwi, Marae, Māori organisations
- Incorporated Societies
- Charitable Trusts
- Regional or Local Council
- For-profit businesses/commercial organisations and social enterprises
- Education settings:
- Primary/Intermediate schools/Kura1
- Secondary schools/Wharekura1
- Tertiary Education/Whare Wānanga
How to apply
To find out more and see if you are eligible to apply, go to www.sportwaikato.org.nz .